Saturday, June 30, 2012

Caponata Modo Mio

Andrew Carmellini: Urban Italian; Day 7; Recipe 7
I actually made this three days ago, but Carmellini says it keeps in the fridge for up to a week, so I only just ate it last night.  Three days ago I had all the ingredients, but I really wanted a successful dinner so I decided that I would go ahead and make the dish, but put off eating it.  Since this dish was described as being like a relish, I decided to pair it with hot dogs last night.  Though we didn't put it on the hot dogs, that probably would have worked fine.  The dish is described as a sweet and sour eggplant stew and is comprised of onions, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, celery, white raisins, garlic, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, with herbs and seasonings.  The flavors came together well, and if you like all those ingredients, and the sweet/sour flavor, than this should be a success for you.  It can be served hot or cold or at room temp, pretty versatile.  For me, the dish was fine, tasted alright, and we'll have no trouble eating the rest of it, but I don't see myself making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment