Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spring Peas with Onions and Sausage

Andrew Carmellini: Urban Italian; Day 2; Recipe 2
Right off Paul was skeptical, and admittedly, the ingredients do not sound like a winning combination, but the point here is to give these chefs the benefit of the doubt and broaden our experience. As for the positives, this was very easy to throw together and the flavor was good. Minuses go to the fact that I didn't pull all the strings off the sugar snap peas and I really ought to have, so that is my fault, but Carmellini shares blame because he should not have instructed to keep the sugar snaps whole; instead they should be chopped to bite-size pieces. The English peas, onions and sausage were all much more fork-friendly in size. Better, more flavorful sausage would have improved the dish. I got raw spicy Italian sausage made by Whole Foods, and it just didn't bring the flavor that it could have. So while this meal was edible and we ate almost all of it, it is not something I would ever want to eat again, and honestly, maybe the recipe should not have made it into a cookbook. I'm not holding a grudge, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment