Friday, January 25, 2013

Creamy Mushrooms and Eggs

Dorie Greenspan: Around My French Table Recipe 15
Even though I didn't want yet another recipe with heavy cream in it, I decided to go ahead because I'd like to try more egg recipes and i had mushrooms leftover from my quiche that i had to get through.  Actually, it was Paul who chose this recipe and I am glad he did.  The mushrooms are cooked with thyme and heavy cream, salt and pepper, and they were the highlight of the recipe.  The mushrooms sit on a lightly toasted slice of brioche or challah (challah, in my case), which could have been toasted just a little bit more, an easy adjustment.  On top of the mushrooms you have a poached egg.  I imagine a fried egg would work just as well. The recipe was simple, the flavors came together well, it was quick, it was easy, it was satisfying, and relatively light.

No comments:

Post a Comment