Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mushroom and Shallot Quiche

Dorie Greenspan: Around My French Table recipes 10 & 11
This quiche came out well and there were no issues with the recipe- it worked. The tart dough, however, did not lend well to the quiche- it didn't add good flavor or texture, though I assure, I made it correctly.  This just might have been better with a different crust or perhaps as a frittata.  This recipe calls for scallions, but I didn't have any on hand so I skipped them- I think now that they are not optional but instead necessary.  The taste of the quiche was good, but for all the butter, heavy cream, and gruyere cheese, you want it to be delicious.  You want all those calories to count.  Instead the quiche was somewhat lackluster.  Mushroom and shallot is a good combination for a quiche, but i'd try another recipe before I returned to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment