Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chocolate Chubbies

Sarabeth's Bakery: Recipe 3
Faced with the situation of moving soon and having way too much chocolate on my hands, it didn't take me too long to turn to Sarabeth's recipe for Chocolate Chubbies.  As fortune would have it, this recipe called for the exact amount of chocolate I had left in my cupboard (minus the Valrhona which I reserved for snacking).  On the plus side these cookies were very easy to make.  They were best the same day they were out of the oven- maybe an hour after cooling. Every day after they deteriorated in quality, and were not really that enjoyable to eat by day 3, so if you make these cookies plan to share them, the recipe makes 2 dozen.  But do I recommend making them?  No, I can't say I do.  While they surely are chocolatey, they are lacking a certain something to boost them to the next level.  Maybe a bit of espresso would do them some good?  A good brownie makes for a better baked good in this case, and if you're after a really chocolatey cookie, go for Cook's Triple Chocolate Cookies, which are pretty perfect.  I don't think much of Sarabeth as a cookie maker so far.  Stay tuned to hear about her linzer cookies, however, which I am committed to making soon despite my shaky outcomes thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment