Saturday, July 21, 2012

Daniel Boulud's Café Boulud Cookbook

There was never a formal decision to make the Café Boulud Cookbook the next recipe book to focus on.  Paul was itching for me to make a tart, and I had had my eye on one in this book for a few weeks now- the Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Tart.  So while I was flipping through the book to find the recipe, I figured I should take a closer look at the recipes to see if anything else looked good for the weekend.  I found a number of recipes I'd like to try  and then passed the book off to Paul to peruse.  He marked recipes he was interested in, but his excitement upon seeing the photo of the Sea Bass en Croûte sealed the deal.  It was the biggest excitement since Coulibiac of Salmon (which we still have not made).  We made a list of ingredients we'd need for the first few recipes and went off to the farmers market and Whole Foods to get started on the project.  French pastry and dessert aside, we don't eat much French, or French-influenced food, but that is only due to our relative lack of exposure.  It's an area we would both like to explore further and hope that Boulud's "French American recipes for the home cook" will get us off to a good start with french cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment