Sunday, August 19, 2012

Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Tart

Café Boulud Cookbook: Recipe 1
This didn't look or taste special, and when I make a tart, I want it to be special.  Made with a Pâte Sablée tart shell that didn't fully bake- I guess it needed to be in the oven longer, despite my following directions correctly.  That was the first problem, and correctable, so not a big deal.  The lemon base was very tart.  I like my lemons tart, but this was perhaps a bit too tart.  The raspberries, which I got fresh from the Farmers Market were only ok and didn't not bring the flavor that I expected.  Usually when there is a tart in the house it gets devoured.  But this one stayed around for a few days.  The good news is that it improved with age, though not enough to try repeating the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment